It's pie baking day! #HappyThanksgivingEve
Here’s a recipe from my dear friendDanette Goodyear (tried, true, and DELICIOUS!!!).
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving prep day!
Agave Pumpkin Pie
* 1 12-inch pie crust (homemade or prepared organic einkorn, spelt, etc)
* 2 cups fresh pumpkin purée or one 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
* 3 eggs, lightly beaten
* ¼ cup whole milk or heavy cream (or less almond milk)
* ½ cup YL agave nectar, YL Yacon syrup or healthy sweetener of your choice
* ½ tsp ground allspice
* ½ tsp ground clove (or 1/2 drop YL Clove Vitality oil)
* 2 tsp ground cinnamon (or 2 drops YL Cinnamon Vitality oil)
* ½ tsp ground ginger (or 1/2 drop YL Ginger Vitality oil)
* ¼ tsp ground nutmeg (or 1/2 drop YL Nutmeg Vitality oil)
* ½ tsp sea salt
* Dash of cardamom (or 1/2 drop YL Cardamom Vitality oil)
👉 Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Combine the purée with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well blended. Pour into the prepared pastry and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the crust is nicely-browned and the custard set. Let cool on a rack before serving. Makes one 8-inch pie (so I double this recipe for more pies!).
NOTE: I usually now do this WITHOUT the crust (grain-free!) and add an extra egg to make it more like a soufflé. Great to serve in individual ramekins. 😋👍 And I DON’T forget the whipped cream!
(If you have begun ruminating about getting healthy in 2021, and are currently in my Young Living Family ..... or would like to be! ... let's chat! I offer a free 30 min health coaching session to get you pointed in the right direction😘)
Hey there....thanks for stopping by! This is me (Liz James)... an eclectic mixture of holistic (and organic) farmgirl meets pharmacist. It's a synergy that works well as I speak truths and dissect fact from fiction. If you're looking for healthier living options, you've come to the right place!