Good morning and Happy June! Can you believe we are already almost half way thru 2021? 😍
I'm excited to see these June freebies personally, and here's why...
300 PV tier
Retail value: $185.53
Peace & Calming essential oil blend, 15 ml
• We just added two new large rescue pups (teenagers really) to our farm crew, which changes the pack dynamics on our farm. ALWAYS, the goal is to have zero skirmishes within our dog pack of 6, so we use ALL the tools and skillsets to make sure this doesn't happen. Diffusing Peace & Calming friends.... and applying to to their collars and ears. I've been told this works nicely on kiddos too 😍, and I know it works well on we adults too!
The blue tansy in Peace and Calming just makes everything better! Hint: blue oils are great for skin and emotions!
250 PV tier
Retail value: $91.78
Aroma Siez essential oil blend, 15 ml
• When it's not raining (we've had a FLOOD here.... like almost nonstop for a month), I'm out in the garden pulling weeds like a crazy woman. 👩🌾 If you've ever pulled weeds by hand for 4 hours straight, you'll know how important Aroma Siez is to your muscles!
190 PV tier
Retail value: $47.37
Citronella essential oil, 15 ml
We've been using those nontoxic mosquito dunks like crazy in an effort to keep the mosquito population down out here, but frankly, there aren't enough mosquito dunks in the world to address the amount of standing water we've had, so the mosquitos are literally taking over the universe (in our area anyway). Solution? Become a walking diffuser!
Make a DIY outdoor spray blend of Citronella with oils like Rosemary, Tea Tree, Myrtle, Clove, or Lemongrass and spritz it on clothing as needed.
(pro tip: I also put a couple of drops of lemongrass vitality in a capsule and take it twice a day especially during summer months)
You could also add a drop or two of Citronella to your YL Sunscreen and solve two problems at once with application!
Bonus Essential Rewards: Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil, 15 ml
Lung health! ...... do your research friends. Good stuff!
• I totally equate Eucalyptus (and rosemary and lavender) with a spa day (a rare rare luxury)...... make yourself a mixture of these three and add to your dryer balls or make a spritz bottle for your pillow. You'll breathe easier and life will feel that much better wrapped in healthy goodness!
And as always...... free shipping with any order greater than 100 PV.
Have a beautiful day!!
www.goodmedicine.info (ready to experience the good stuff, and receive quality education [not seen here] for free? Let's chat!)
Merry Christmas Eve friends! Chef Mary Mick's recipes never disappoint! Do you have a tried and true favorite recipe that always shows up on Christmas morning? Share with us!
It's pie baking day! #HappyThanksgivingEve
Here’s a recipe from my dear friendDanette Goodyear (tried, true, and DELICIOUS!!!).
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving prep day!
Agave Pumpkin Pie
* 1 12-inch pie crust (homemade or prepared organic einkorn, spelt, etc)
* 2 cups fresh pumpkin purée or one 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
* 3 eggs, lightly beaten
* ¼ cup whole milk or heavy cream (or less almond milk)
* ½ cup YL agave nectar, YL Yacon syrup or healthy sweetener of your choice
* ½ tsp ground allspice
* ½ tsp ground clove (or 1/2 drop YL Clove Vitality oil)
* 2 tsp ground cinnamon (or 2 drops YL Cinnamon Vitality oil)
* ½ tsp ground ginger (or 1/2 drop YL Ginger Vitality oil)
* ¼ tsp ground nutmeg (or 1/2 drop YL Nutmeg Vitality oil)
* ½ tsp sea salt
* Dash of cardamom (or 1/2 drop YL Cardamom Vitality oil)
👉 Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Combine the purée with the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well blended. Pour into the prepared pastry and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the crust is nicely-browned and the custard set. Let cool on a rack before serving. Makes one 8-inch pie (so I double this recipe for more pies!).
NOTE: I usually now do this WITHOUT the crust (grain-free!) and add an extra egg to make it more like a soufflé. Great to serve in individual ramekins. 😋👍 And I DON’T forget the whipped cream!
(If you have begun ruminating about getting healthy in 2021, and are currently in my Young Living Family ..... or would like to be! ... let's chat! I offer a free 30 min health coaching session to get you pointed in the right direction😘)
We run a pretty tight ship (as my Navy dad used to say) around here at the farm. We have many animals🐮🐴🐕🐈🐔 and many chores each day, every day, and letting things slack or slide can lead to chaos, crazy, and frankly just good ol' "stank "! 💩 Lots of animals leads to lots of manure and sweat don'tcha know👩🌾👨🌾!
We aren't stinky heathens out here in the country😉, we like a clean smelling house that is toxin free. Years ago, i used to be one of those "plug in " gals with a fake fragrance smell throughout our whole house. That was before I knew better ..... back when I assumed Big Pharma was here devoted to our best interests too. Thank goodness my eyes were opened 18 years ago...and i learned the truth about both. Those household plug ins will do a number on your endocrine system.... guaranteed. The good news is that your house can smell even better than that fake chemical smell when you bring out the diffuser 😍.
What do you want your home to smell like? I love the smell of a spa.... I rarely have the time to have a spa day, and I LOOOOVE the spa aroma (not to mention a good massage!). Take a look at these diffuser blends.... I'll be giving them a try myself!
It must be a bad season for stinging insects. A friend posted just a bit ago in another group about using Basil for a sting (with huge success!). I LOVE that God gave us so many quick remedies for problems such as these, and we are not limited to one solution! After you've used oils for awhile, you'll have found that this is always the case. #multipurposetools
Yesterday, I got stung on the finger by a wasp. What you see in the pic was my 3 step remedy:
1. Cut an onion and rub the onion on the sting for 3-4 minutes. Do this as quickly as you can after the incident to neutralize the poison.
2. Apply YL lavender essential oil to the stung area. #notthecheapstuff
3. Put a tablespoon of baking soda in a shot glass and add a little vinegar (it will get foamy super fast, so do this over the sink). Then apply the mixture to your boo-boo stung area.
I was able to do this immediately after I got stung and had ZERO evidence of a sting 15 minutes after it happened.
Not much later, Charlie was putting hay out and he got stung 3 times. 😳 He didn't get to apply this magical trio until about 15 minutes after it happened.... it did the trick for him too. No swelling. No pain.
(Song credit: "My Favorite Things" should be playing in your head right about now. #youarewelcome 😉)
www.goodmedicine.info 👈 where to go to learn more about "the good stuff".
With farm life, clean and white can be hard to come by! I was just visiting Christan Morales's team page and saw this recipe. I am so going to give this a try!
From Lindsay Tuttle:
Bleach is a household favorite, but it has so many disrupting chemicals in it that this is an amazing equivalent! A friend of mine shared this, and I made it a few months ago and added Thieves Household Cleaner to it!
I found my gallon jug at an antique store, but any glass jug will work.
3/4C Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4C Lemon Juice
15 drops Lemon Essential Oil
3/4C Baking Soda
1/4C Thieves Household Cleaner
Mix all ingredients in container. For laundry, use 1C per load. Also use in tubs and sinks as you would regular bleach!
Who doesn't love honey? 🐝
Raw (unfiltered & unpasteurized) honey has recently been found to have an added health benefit!
Research has revealed honey's ability to decrease the overall amount of cholesterol in the bloodstream. Pretty cool, huh?
🐝Quick Facts (based on the study linked below) 🐝
🌼 Honey was compared with sucrose in this study. Each study participant was given approx 10 teaspoons of either sucrose or honey per day for 6 weeks.
🌼 Those who consumed honey had significantly decreased total cholesterol and LDL (the "bad" guys), and increased HDL (the "good" guys).
🌼 Conversely, those who consumed sucrose had increased total cholesterol and LDL levels, and a decrease in HDL levels.
🌼 The main finding of the study was the ability of raw honey to modulate certain risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease. 🐝
I love raw honey for a variety of reasons, and this study gave it another ✅ in my book. There really are amazing healing capabilities in whole fresh foods!
Raw honey can sometimes be found in grocery stores.... but usually, it is best found at Farmer's Markets, Feed Stores, and thru a neighborhood beekeeper..... the more local the source the better it will serve you 🐝 and your allergies.
🐝Honey is also loaded with something called polyphenols.... a nutritionally dense phytochemical having antioxidant properties.
Want to spice up your honey a little and add even more polyphenols to your day? Add a drop or two of YL Clove Vitality (#5620) or YL Cinnamon Vitality (#5585) oil to your honey. Both oils are approved for ingestion by the FDA. 🐝
There's hummus among us! I love me some good hummus, and y'all.... fresh made is soooooo much better than the store bought stuff! Give those chickpeas a whirl....
That's what the world needs these days....... whirled peas 😉.
Enjoy your weekend!
xoxo ~ liz
Hey there....thanks for stopping by! This is me (Liz James)... an eclectic mixture of holistic (and organic) farmgirl meets pharmacist. It's a synergy that works well as I speak truths and dissect fact from fiction. If you're looking for healthier living options, you've come to the right place!